esme-dev mailing list archives

From Anne Kathrine Petter√łe <yoji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is anyone going to the BASE meeting at LinkedIn tonight?
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2009 08:25:43 GMT

On 15. juli. 2009, at 19.11, Andy the destroyer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I went and it was pretty good, although the traffic getting there was
> horrible. Yes, I saw Michael there but didn't ask him because I
> didn't think
> he was part of ESME because I haven't seen his email or name on the
> list or
> JIRA. Its fine, is just sometimes nice to speak and ask questions
> face to
> face when the opportunity arises.

I am not sure Michael is on the mail list, I don't think so at least.
All the communication I have had with him so far has been via twitter.

> I only wanted to go over a couple of things. There are almost no
> comments in
> the source and stepping though multi threaded apps with a debugger
> isn't too
> easy. Picking the best spots to gather stats without peppering the
> whole
> codebase has been a bit challenging because there is so much
> recursive-like
> ( I know that is a bad description ) message passing and no comments
> indicate how classes/methods/traits etc. should and are being used.
> However,
> I am coming along and have some code written. I will be uploading it
> soon. I
> keep getting sidetracked with work emergencies.

The documentation of the excisting Scala code is also a Jira task
already, so definitely on our to-do list as Vassil also said.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-59
If you have any questions in the meantime, please feel free to post
them here.

/Anne