esme-dev mailing list archives

From David Pollak <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: User no longer contains view code
Date Sun, 14 Jun 2009 17:56:52 GMT
On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 10:50 AM, Vassil Dichev <vdichev@gmail.com> wrote:

> > User no longer contains view code.
>
> Thanks, that was a much needed change!
>
> > Next step is to make user work with plugable authentication mechanisms.
>
> I noticed that by moving the code from MetaMegaSuperDuperUser you've
> also copied some of the methods which are responsible for password
> authentication- but commented. Can we reuse these or is it better not
> to?

This stuff was from MegaProtoUser... but don't use it.

I'm going to split out the authentication piece... hopefully on Tuesday.
 This will allow plugable authentication with multiple mechanisms per user
(OpenId and username/pwd will ship by default).  There'll be a separate
table for this stuff... and hopefully I can make it backward compatible.

Thanks,

David

Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Git some: http://github.com/dpp