esme-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject How about targetting a "release"?
Date Tue, 05 May 2009 20:23:16 GMT

One of the main things I've seen work successfully in many project to get the
community moving as well as attract new developers/users is to get an actual
release out.    There are a lot of people that won't go through the effort of
checking out from svn, building, etc....  They want to see an actual release
to play with.

Thus, my suggestion, would be to set a date for a release (even a "milestone"
release, like a "0.1" version) and see what can be done before then.   For
example, maybe target June 30th, see what can be put in before then, and kind
of run with it.  Even if it ends up being "not much different" than what is in
SVN right now, it's at least a step forward.

Thoughts?

Are there other ideas that folks have to help get things moving again?

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org