esme-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Exploiting Scala Buzz
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 09:02:55 GMT
Based on recent events (controversy over the use of Scala in Twitter based
on Alex's interview. purchase of Sun (including Java) by Oracle, etc.),
we've noticed there is increasing interest in Scala in the general developer
community.

Does anyone have suggestions, how Apache ESME can use this interest to
increase its community?

I have a few ideas:

   - A guide to how to use ESME to learn Scala -- (@Vassil - do you have
   ideas?)
   - A few tips to try out on a local ESME installation to learn Scala.
   "Hello World" experience with ESME.
   - Better documentation in our existing Scala code (look here for a better
   example -
   http://scala-tools.org/mvnsites/liftweb/lift-amqp/scaladocs/net/liftweb/amqp/AMQPDispatcher.scala.html),
   so that beginners have an idea what we are doing in our code base.
   - More PR work to point people to the Apache ESME site.

D.