esme-dev mailing list archives

From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ESME as a Scala console
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2009 12:47:55 GMT
> Now I understand. A Scala bot that uses ESME. Users send their scala code to
> bot, it answers the "question" and sends back the answer.

Exactly.

> Since LotREPLs is powered by Google App Engine, maybe it already has a
> REST-API that you could use

My idea is not to depend on external services. The bot could be
running inside the ESME instance as a plugin (until we have a plugin
manager, maybe just an actor started from Boot.scala). It already has
access to the Scala Interpreter, as it's probably loaded in the JVM.

This is of course insecure, but if an ESME instance configured like
this is deployed on GAE as a demo, the platform will provide enough
security.