esme-dev mailing list archives

From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Getting started
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2009 21:47:23 GMT
Bertrand mentioned users' first impressions of ESME and I think he was
spot on. It will pay off to have a really focused "first steps" or
"getting started" page, where a user would be able to find information
in 2 minutes:

* what can ESME do for me or my organization (that other tools can't):

Comet? Actions?

* where can I try a demo:

http://esme.us
Doesn't matter it's outdated.

* how can I build & run it:

svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/esme/trunk/server esme
mvn jetty:run

Where would the appropriate place be? The
http://incubator.apache.org/esme/ already has a "Getting Started"
page, so maybe we should build on from there. We could also put links
to more detailed information in the wiki.

This "getting started" page has probably similar goals to the ESME
presentation slides, so it might help to further distill the essence
from these slides.

Thoughts?

Vassil