esme-dev mailing list archives

From "Hirsch, Richard" <richard.hir...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: MetaMegaProtoUser Usage in ESME
Date Sat, 04 Apr 2009 09:44:32 GMT
Any chance that someone can make this change?  The MetaMegaProtoUser has functionality (changing
password, registering, etc) that our users want. To be honest, if the combination of OpenID
and MetaMegaProtoUser  leads to conflicts I'd rather have the MetaMegaProtoUser.

Is it possible to change the UI for the MetaMegaProtoUser functionality?

D.

________________________________

From: David Pollak [mailto:feeder.of.the.bears@gmail.com]
Sent: Fri 03.04.2009 18:07
To: esme-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: MetaMegaProtoUser Usage in ESME

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 1:38 PM, Hirsch, Richard
<richard.hirsch@siemens.com>wrote:

> I've been exploring lift and have found the MetaMegaProtoUser object (
> http://scala-tools.org/scaladocs/liftweb/1.0/net/liftweb/mapper/MetaMegaProtoUser.html)
> which actually has tons of functionality out-of-the-box regarding user
> registration.
>
> Could we use this functionality? Either in addition to OpenID or instead of
> OpenID?

The OpenID stuff sits on top of MetaMegaProtoUser (what moron named this
stuff?  Oh... right... it was me.)

What we need to do is abstract away the authentication method into another
table from the user and optionally allow a user to have multiple
authentication mechanisms (NTLM, Kerberos, OpenID, username/password).

My backlog sucks.

--
Lift, the simply functional web framework http://liftweb.net <http://liftweb.net/>
Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp