esme-dev mailing list archives

From David Pollak <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Other twitter functionality to implement
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 15:42:14 GMT
On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 2:34 AM, Hirsch, Richard <richard.hirsch@siemens.com
> wrote:

> I was exploring the Twitter REST API and was comparing to what we
> currently support. Although there is some functionality (favorites,
> block, etc.), there are still some functionality that is open.
>
> What about supporting the deletion of messages?
>
> * statuses/destroy
> Destroys the status specified by the required ID parameter.  The
> authenticating user must be the author of the specified status.
>
> I know this currently isn't possible in ESME but I think it is a
> functionality that is useful. Of course, the inclusion of pools would
> influence the future implementation (think of pools in which messages
> can't be deleted based on compliance reasons) but until we have
> developed pools, the deletion of messages would still be useful.
>
> Added a Jira item for this:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-51
>
> Thoughts?

It makes life very difficult.  I am an anti-fan of mutable messages.  But
there may be a way around it.  Rather than deleting a message, have a
separate table of non-displayed messages and the messages in that table are
used as a filter for the messages in a mailbox.

Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Git some: http://github.com/dpp