esme-dev mailing list archives

From David Pollak <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ESME Groups
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 10:59:55 GMT
On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 10:37 AM, Vassil Dichev <vdichev@apache.org> wrote:

> Great, I was anxious to hear David's opinion about pools.
>
> It seems I got the right idea on at least 2 counts:
> -pools are not about resending messages (we already have that)
> -access restrictions in a pool apply to messages, not to people
>
> @David, If I understand correctly, a message can only be in one pool,
> right? (1-to-1 relationship). That would fit Bill's description, as
> well

yes

A message may only be in one pool.  There is no way for a message to escape
the pool (eg. resend cannot change the pool) and any replies (or comments in
FB parlance) are in the pool of the original message (this is for
performance and security purposes.)

Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Git some: http://github.com/dpp