esme-dev mailing list archives

From "Hirsch, Richard" <richard.hir...@siemens.com>
Subject AW: Requirements for a developer to be able to collaborate on ESME.
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2009 14:22:10 GMT
Imagine this:

You've heard of ESME and think it is a cool idea. You'd like to contribute but don't know
where to start. My idea was to get a basic list of skills that might be useful as a starting
point.

My intention was not to have the list to be a "required" skills list for potential contributors.
 I'd like to each have each "skill" be connected with a list of links that should enable those
interested to get started. Each skill might be linked to particular JIRA items.

D.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Gianugo Rabellino [mailto:g.rabellino@sourcesense.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 27. März 2009 09:42
An: esme-dev@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Requirements for a developer to be able to collaborate on ESME.

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 9:25 AM, Hirsch, Richard
<richard.hirsch@siemens.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We've been having some debate internally concerning what sort of
> development skills are necessary for a developer to be able to
> collaborate in apache ESME
>
> I've started a list. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Er - I thought this was open source, not a job board. I would say you
should focus on whether patches are good quality, which sort-of
automatically would mean being knowledgeable about the stuff below.
Let natural selection do its job: your list is fine from an
informative standpoint, but I think it would convey the wrong message
if set up as a set of pre-requisites for joining.

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino
M: +44 779 5364 932 / +39 389 44 26 846