esme-dev mailing list archives

From "Hirsch, Richard" <richard.hir...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: ESME Groups
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 12:26:35 GMT
I would suggest looking at Bill's long email / design spec - there is a lot of "meat" about
pools there based on Bill's various conversations with David.

@Darren do you want to start working on a more technical design spec or build on Bill's spec?

D.

________________________________

From: Darren Hague [mailto:dhague@fortybeans.com]
Sent: Fri 13.03.2009 12:26
To: esme-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: ESME Groups

>A message may only be in one pool.  There is no way for a message to escape
>the pool (eg. resend cannot change the pool) and any replies (or comments in
>FB parlance) are in the pool of the original message (this is for
>performance and security purposes.)

Cool - this means that each Access Control List (ACL) can exist as an object. Multiple messages
in the same thread will reference the same ACL object. The SecurityManager can use a cached
map of "(User, ACL) -> Permission", e.g. "(dhague, ACL_1b3cd5e) -> Read" which will
improve performance over evaluating the ACL fresh each time.

- Darren