esme-dev mailing list archives

From Darren Hague <dha...@fortybeans.com>
Subject Re: The current state of ESME
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 16:40:22 GMT
Vassil,

Are you suggesting we should rename ESME to SME?  :-)

I think the enterprise focus is a good one, but the message should be that "enterprise" really
means "behind the firewall", as distinct from the internet-based operators such as Twitter.
A school is also an enterprise...

I think our common short-term server-side goals (other than the great interoperability work
you have been doing) are around getting DMs/groups/message security working, and allowing
non-OpenID authentication - namely, LDAP-based authentication to start with. That gives an
imperfect basis, but one which will provide something that is useful to the target groups.

Cheers
Darren