esme-dev mailing list archives

From Alexis Richardson <alexis.richard...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ideas concerning RabbitMQ - ESME Integration
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2009 12:32:46 GMT
Bertrand,

Thanks for this.

And: hello everyone!

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 8:42 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 8:59 AM, Hirsch, Richard
> <richard.hirsch@siemens.com> wrote:
>> David introduced us to Alexis Richardson who runs the RabbitMQ project (http://www.rabbitmq.com/
<http://www.rabbitmq.com/> )  and we had a short  email exchange about integration
posibilitites. RabbitMQ is an open-source implementation of AMQP...

> Note that ActiveMQ (http://activemq.apache.org) also implements
> various messaging protocols, it might be interesting to consider it
> for integration as well, if work is done in this direction.

Indeed.  I would recommend looking at multiple options.  With RabbitMQ
we have found support for AMQP and XMPP in combination to be very
powerful for 'twitter style' apps and federated microblogging.  The
HTTP interface is a nice to have as well.

See for example:
http://anders.conbere.org/journal/rabbiter-open-federated-pubsub-server/

Cheers,

alexis