esme-dev mailing list archives

From David Pollak <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Excellent REST API Suggestion from Ethan Jewett
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2009 15:17:19 GMT
Folks,
The reason that we need an iCLA is that we have to trace IP ownership for
every line of code that goes into ESME.  Working around the system will not
help a whole lot as I'm not going to create create code from material
designs done outside of the Apache process because then I'm on the hook if
someone decides to assert intellectual property rights (I'm a lawyer by
training and my wife's an IP litigator and I take these things very
seriously.)

I would very much like Ethan's assistance in this process.  He's definitely
got a good handle on the whole REST thing, but without an iCLA, I'll take
his blog post along with the contents of the RESTful Web Services book along
with input from others in order to synthesize the correct REST api.

Thanks,

David

Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Git some: http://github.com/dpp