esme-dev mailing list archives

From David Pollak <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sprint 1 Results
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2009 14:18:59 GMT
On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 1:23 AM, Hirsch, Richard
<richard.hirsch@siemens.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Our first sprint ends today and I'd like to know the status of the
> tasks:
>
> Here are the items that we planned and their status to the best of my
> knowledge.
> User Interface:
>
> *       General User Interface (UI) roadmap with order of goals and what
> needs to be accomplished
> *       Adequate description of User Interface architecture
> *       Creation of first sprint specification
> *       Partial implementation  (Web Interface)
>
> Server:
>
> *       Generic code clean-up   // Finished
> *       Unifying server calls (JSON-related) // Partially finished
> *       Support for Twitter API // Partially finished
> *       Document how compass can use other persistency types
> *       Merge Action branch into official trunk  // Finished
> *       Further work on java API (GetMessages) // Partially finished
>
> I'll be on vacation next week, but I suggest that meeting next week or
> the week after would be ideal.

It would be best to have some sort of sprint retrospective and planning ASAP
so we increase the momentum.

This sprint was not ideal from a commitments to deliverables perspective (I
am as guilty of this as anyone, so please to hear me casting blame far
beyond myself.)  I think it's important that we discuss the reasons for not
estimating correctly so we can get better at estimating in the future.

If we can't do a call on Monday or Tuesday, then I propose that we spent a
lot of time over the weekend discussing why we didn't make our milestones
and plan for the next iteration.

Sound reasonable?

Thanks,

David