esme-dev mailing list archives

From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sprint 1 Results
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2009 21:21:27 GMT
Hello everyone,

It's difficult enough to estimate the time a task would take, but in
ESME's case many of us don't even know how much time they will have
available beforehand. I expect that eventually I'll get better at this
as I learn what ESME needs and how difficult it would be. There's
still a lot for me to learn from Lift and even Scala in order to reach
optimum productivity. I'm also making progress in finding regular
chunks of time for ESME without it interfering with the rest of my
duties.

I feel we should have 2 goals- a conservative goal and an optimistic
goal. The first one will be what we definitely think we should be able
to accomplish, the second one is for extra tasks.

The important next step after finding the reasons for underachievement
is finding what we can improve. For me there were a couple of personal
issues out of my control, which put my plans off balance the last
couple of weeks.

Vassil