esme-dev mailing list archives

From Darren Hague <dha...@fortybeans.com>
Subject Re: Sprint 1 Results
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2009 16:27:05 GMT
I underestimated the time I would have available for ESME-related work,
and also I focused on getting the Java Client API to a point where it
was usable (now achieved: login, logout, send, get & wait for messages
are all there, and the rest should be boilerplate).

My next focus is on pinging back & forth with David to evolve the
current UI concept at the technical level, by which I mean that I will
work with JQuery & JSON comet calls so that the HTML for the UI is
completely contained in the .html files, and that all the functionality
is there (regardless of how ugly it is). This can then serve as a
jumping-off point for the UI team to provide their own HTML, hooking
into the lift:comet and JavaScript stubs that result from my work.

My short term next steps on this are:
1. Ping back to David the gaps in the current get-messages JSON
2. Work on integrating the tag- & word-clouds
3. Identify the other major gaps

Another sprint goal is to make sure that Compass will persist to MySQL
as well as the filesystem - I have done some work here, but my feeling
is that the technical UI work is more important right now, as it is
holding up more people.

Cheers,
Darren