esme-dev mailing list archives

From "Hirsch, Richard" <richard.hir...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: Twitter RESTful API
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2009 07:05:26 GMT
>From what I saw, it is not ""twitter/api" but "twitter" (JSON) or "api" (XML). Probably
have to check the twitter api again to make sure.  That means we don't need a url with two
segments but two separate URLs.

D.

________________________________

From: Vassil Dichev [mailto:vdichev@gmail.com]
Sent: Sun 2/15/2009 23:27
To: esme-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Twitter RESTful API

Example: Use this as your user: apachedick@esmecloudserverapache.dickhirsch.staxapps.net/twitter

> Here are the results from the call - all 404s. I don't know whether the problem is the
"api" in the URL

Ah, right, Twhirl works with laconi.ca, which has a twitter-compatible API.

I've committed configuration via properties- you should now be able to
connect with twhirl if you configure
twitter.prefix=api

Unfortunately, I still don't see an easy way to configure a URL with
several segments, like "twitter/api".

Then there's the problem that Twhirl still tries to connect through
SSL only, so you need to configure Jetty for SSL or at least use some
sort of SSL proxy/tunnel.