esme-dev mailing list archives

From "Hirsch, Richard" <richard.hir...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: RSS actions - possible bug when changing contents of feed
Date Sun, 01 Feb 2009 16:37:10 GMT
Vassil found that the cause looks like it is a known Scala bug: http://lampsvn.epfl.ch/trac/scala/ticket/1652
<https://owa.siemens.at/esme/u/TG2U4V2SPO1OIZIQ;jsessionid=F917022A305A7C1D815BF1C96FDB568E>

This is the exception:

RSS Error details: ERROR - The ActorWatcher restarted org.apache.esme.actor.SchedulerActor@1fff951
because java.lang.IllegalStateException: Timer already cancelled. java.lang.IllegalStateException:
Timer already cancelled. at java.util.Timer.sched(Timer.java:354) at java.util.Timer.schedule(Timer.java:170)
at scala.actors.Actor$class.reactWithin(Actor.scala:553) at org.apache.esme.actor.SchedulerActor.reactWithin(SchedulerActor.scala:32)
at org.apache.esme.actor.SchedulerActor$$anonfun$act$1.apply(SchedulerActor.scala:39) at org.apache.esme.actor.SchedulerActor$$anonfun$act$1.apply(SchedulerActor.scala:39)
at scala.actors.Actor$class.scala$actors$Actor$$seq(Actor.scala:802) at scala.actors.Actor$$anon$8.andThen(Actor.scala:256)
at scala.actors.Actor$.loop(Actor.scala:265) at scala.actors.Actor$$anonfun$loop$1.apply(Actor.scala:265)
at scala.actors.Actor$$anonfun$loop$1.apply(Actor.scala:265) at scala.actors.Actor$$anonfun$scala$actors$Actor$$seq$1$$anonfun$apply$3.apply(Actor.scala:799)
at scala.actors.Actor$$anonfun$scala$actors$Actor$$seq$1$$anonfun$apply$3.apply(Actor.scala:799)
at scala.actors.Reaction.run(Reaction.scala:78) at scala.actors.Scheduler$$anon$2.run(Scheduler.scala:77)

D.

________________________________

From: Ethan Jewett [mailto:esjewett@gmail.com]
Sent: Tue 1/27/2009 13:31
To: esme-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: RSS actions - possible bug when changing contents of feed

Twitter let me know you were working on the actions and also that Richard
had set up a recent build on Stax.  I've been keeping an eye on it for the
last week or so :-)

I don't have an environment set up right now that would let me run trunk, so
the feeds are:

The Pipes feed I'm currently trying to use (the one where I changed the
format of the title after it had been set up as an action) is
http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.info?_id=fJZ29qrr3RGjLPJI6icw5g

The Pipes feed that is the same as the original feed that worked once is
http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.info?_id=9c4481071b4dd9c9d3619574918f1288

You should be able to access both of them since they are published.

Thanks for looking into this!

Ethan