esme-dev mailing list archives

From Darren Hague <dha...@fortybeans.com>
Subject Re: Sprints don't work (was: Sprint 1 Results)
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 22:52:52 GMT
I like the idea of a hybrid model - namely, every planned feature & task goes into JIRA,
but we choose and tag a set of primary & secondary tasks for the current sprint. The idea
is to encourage developers to choose and assign to themselves primary tasks where possible,
and secondary tasks otherwise. Keeping a regular sprint schedule gives a nice pace & rhythm
to the project, and the looming end of a sprint can often be a spur to find a bit of extra
time to complete a task - I think this helps to keep the momentum of the project going, especially
since we have a very small community at this stage.

Cheers,
Darren

--
darren.hague@fortybeans.com