esme-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Conference calls, skype, etc...friendly remember that everything must happen on this list
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2009 08:27:46 GMT
Hi David,

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 3:47 PM, David Pollak
<feeder.of.the.bears@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...As you can see from the non-trivial amount of ESME chatter, we do make
> decisions on the list...

Agreed, as I said my message is nothing more than a friendly reminder
to make sure everybody's aware of the role of this list.

> ...From the first days of the ESME project, we've also had scrum calls.  These
> calls are not so much decision-making as they are synchronization points.
>  They allow us a higher bandwidth form of communications that allow us to
> "get a vibe" of the challenges that team members are facing and also to
> cheer different team members on....

Sounds good, but it might be good IMHO to send a summary of those
calls to the list, to prevent any feeling of things happening behind
the scenes - especially later when new people join the project.

> ...We are respecting the spirit and the letter of the Apache rules, but we are
> also keeping to our various time-tested rituals that have helped forge the
> ESME team....

Sounds good - thanks for your reply!
-Bertrand