esme-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Conference calls, skype, etc...friendly remember that everything must happen on this list
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2009 09:11:14 GMT
Hi ESME team,

With my mentor hat on: I've seen some mentions of ESME conference
calls, discussions over skype, etc., and I'd just like to remind
people that in Apache projects all decisions and discussions must
happen on the mailing lists.

Of course, most projects have backchannels among project members:
phone, twitter, IRC, coffee machine talk, etc...There's nothing wrong
about that, but it is important that everything discussed over these
"other" channels be reflected here (in summary messages for example),
and more importantly that all decisions happen here and not on those
channels.

The goal is to allow all community members to participate equally in
discussions and decisions.

Feel free to discuss, I hope the intention is clear.

-Bertrand