esme-dev mailing list archives

From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Publically editable wiki
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2009 15:44:41 GMT
> I would be very strongly opposed to mechanisms that circumvent the CLA ICLA
> process.  A clear set of code ownership and rights to create such code is
> critical for others to use ESME.  Both the lawyer and the business side of
> me wants to make sure the ESME code stays clean.

No question about it. I wanted to know about the ICLA process in order
to follow it and have no intention of circumventing it. E.g. the ESME
site was created by Dick, but uploaded by Bertrand, so there must be
perfectly clean ways for someone like Dick to contribute. I wanted to
know where to draw the line.

In this context, it would make sense to clarify what's fair game in
terms of contributions before ESME's inclusion in Apache. Things are
not straightforward here, that's why I'm asking. E.g.
http://esmeproject.googlecode.com/files/actions.pdf was contributed by
Richard, but it was probably based on the quick help on the actions
view (contributed by David).

I hope I'm not being dense here- I'm not a lawyer. I as much as anyone
else want to keep ESME clean- without throwing away help which we
could legally use.