esme-dev mailing list archives

From Darren Hague <dha...@fortybeans.com>
Subject ESME Achievements
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 23:39:18 GMT
Folks,

I wrote this elsewhere and was prompted to post it here - a quick
bullet-point list of our achievements to date as a team:

    o Approximately 6 months from a standing start to adoption into the
    Apache Incubator
    o The only behind-the-firewall Enterprise Java-based microsharing
    system (runs on SAP NetWeaver and other J2EE stacks)
    o Great demonstration of what a microsharing-enabled community can
    achieve, both technically and at a personal level
    o Great demonstration of using Scala & Lift to build an enterprise app
    o Incredible development of client-side connectors via the REST API:
    Java, JavaScript/browser, AIR, Visual Basic/Excel, Email, Zoho
    o The only microsharing system with a user-definable business rule &
    action system (e.g. "email me whenever X sends a message on a
    weekday", or "send a Twitter message for every ESME message I write")
    o Forging links between the Apache, Scala, Lift & SAP communities