esme-dev mailing list archives

From Darren Hague <dha...@fortybeans.com>
Subject Re: January Apache Incubator Report
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2009 17:00:39 GMT
A couple of corrections:

* The Confluence Wiki space for Apache ESME has now been created:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ESME

* There was a snafu with the initial code upload to Apache - David's UI
separation didn't make it in there, and as a result the original UI
remains. David will be searching his personal repo for the UI-separated
code so that we can correct this situation, but in the short term (next
few days) he is slaving away to meet a deadline on the Lift book he's
writing.

Cheers,
Darren

Hirsch, Richard wrote:
> Our first report is due on January 12  (http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/January2009)
and I wanted to get a list started:

> Enterprise Social Messaging Experiment (ESME) is a secure and highly scalable microsharing
and micromessaging platform that allows people to discover and meet one another and get controlled
access to other sources of information, all in a business process context.

> ESME entered the incubator in 2008-12-02. This report is ESME's first since it joined
the incubator and the following items have been performed since its acceptance

>     * Jira has been established and initial issues have been created
>     * A creation of Apache Wiki for ESME has been ordered
>     * Initial website has been created with Apache Forrest
>     * ESME Core source code has been transfered to the Apache SVN from the Google Code
site. This drop is based on the latest version of Scala and includes a more optimal separation
of UI and server code to ease customization.
>     * Three committers have already been accepted (dpp, vassil, dhague)
>
> The following items are planned for the next reporting period:
>     * Acceptance of fourth original committer (Mrinal?)
>     * Inclusion of existing svn branches (actions, etc.) from Google Code into Apache
SVN trunk