esme-dev mailing list archives

From "Hirsch, Richard" <richard.hir...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: [ESME UI TEAM] Sprint planning call results
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2009 04:13:46 GMT
@Anne - if you'd like to take responsibility for the Admin UI use cases, why don't we brainstorm
together to get things rolling. I've already started thinking about the use cases but haven't
written anything down yet.

By the way, this task is Jira task # 17 (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-17)

D.

________________________________

From: Anne Kathrine Petteroe [mailto:yojibee@gmail.com]
Sent: Mon 1/26/2009 01:07
To: Bill Fernandez
Cc: Mrinal Wadhwa; esme-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [ESME UI TEAM] Sprint planning call results

Hi Bill,

> o I would think that it would make sense for me to be responsible
> for mapping out the general end-user UI architecture, and also for
> writing the UI spec for the first iteration of a new UI, because
> both those tasks are extensions to the comments document I wrote.
> If this is agreeable I will proceed with these, but even so I would
> appreciate it if each of you could make a list of features/
> functionality the architecture should provide places for, and
> indicate which you think are essential for the first iteration of
> the new UI.
I am wondering if it would be better if this sprint would be only
about mapping out the new UI architecture and writing the UI spec?
I wasn't present on the scrum call, so I was wondering if everyone
agree to proceed exactly like you suggested in your document Bill?
Before we start I have a few questions, so if it is OK with you I
would like to sum them up in an email and share them with the group.

 From the points you listed in your email I would like to take
responsibility for this:
> o Beyond that, I was wondering if either of you would undertake the
> task of accumulating requirements, use cases, etc. for the back-end
> admin UI.

> o I see that Mrinal is already listed as an Apache incubator
> committer.  I need to sign Apache's Contributor Licence Agreement
> (CLA), and then follow up to become a committer.  Anne, what's your
> status?  Are you legally able to provide code (HTML, JavaScript,
> etc.) to the Apache repository, and will you be able to sign the CLA
> soon?
I have already submitted the iCLA and hope I will be listed as a
committer soon too  ;)

> o It was suggested that a good way to organize and publish tasks,
> priorities, progress, etc. was to use a Google spreadsheet, to which
> our team will have write privileges and the public will have read
> privileges.  I'll look into setting something like that up and we
> can see how it works.  Or if you prefer a different method, please
> suggest it.

I also much prefer a Jira-like system.
If we cannot use this, maybe we can set up something on Google code?
Spreadsheets are good for gathering initial requirements, but for the
actual work it is a much easier way to track each other's work through
a task system in my experience.

- Anne