esme-dev mailing list archives

From "Hirsch, Richard" <richard.hir...@siemens.com>
Subject AW: Publically editable wiki
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2009 16:20:34 GMT

I'm working on getting my iCLA through. I'm having to deal with corporate bureaucracy. I'll
probably submit it as an individual but I'm checking the legal side first to make sure that
there are no conflicts with my existing contract with Siemens.

I assume that it is in everyone's interest that everything is squeaky clean IP-wise before
I start officially contributing.

D.

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: bdelacretaz@gmail.com [mailto:bdelacretaz@gmail.com] Im Auftrag von Bertrand Delacretaz
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 21. Jänner 2009 16:59
An: esme-dev@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Publically editable wiki

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 4:44 PM, Vassil Dichev <vdichev@apache.org> wrote:
>...I wanted to know about the ICLA process in order
> to follow it and have no intention of circumventing it. E.g. the ESME
> site was created by Dick, but uploaded by Bertrand, so there must be
> perfectly clean ways for someone like Dick to contribute. I wanted to
> know where to draw the line....

In this case, Dick, when updating his patches to ESME-2, checked the
"grant license to ASF" option, visible at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ManageAttachments.jspa?id=12410470
- that makes it fine for a committer to apply those patches.

There's no such option for wiki content unfortunately, AFAIK.

Still, when someone starts updating lots of patches (whatever that
means) in this way, projects usually ask them to submit an iCLA - it's
also a good way to make people aware that their contributions might
help them become a committer at some point.

-Bertrand