esme-dev mailing list archives

From Darren Hague <dha...@fortybeans.com>
Subject Re: [ESME UI TEAM] Sprint planning call results
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2009 12:39:10 GMT
>>> It was suggested that a good way to organize and publish tasks,
>priorities, progress, etc. was to use a Google spreadsheet
>I don't like this way of doing this because in the past I've noticed that
>not everyone pays attention to the discussion on the shared spreadsheet and
>people come back with questions/remarks/objections at a later stage when
>decision on the subject had already been made by people who involved in the
>discussion on the spreadsheet ... I would prefer if we setup a bug/task
>system like Jira or something somewhere, because then alert emails could be
>forwarded to the mailing list and that keeps everyone involved ... we could
>also use the google code bug system or whatever else everyone else prefers.

Mrinal,

It's closer to what you suggest: the idea is that the Google spreadsheet is primarily used
to manage relative priorities, and that one column in the spreadsheet would be "JIRA Ticket
Number" (preferably HTTP-linked to the ticket itself) so that details and discussion are recorded
on the ticket.

- Darren

--
darren.hague@fortybeans.com