esme-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The ESME to-do list
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2008 15:00:37 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 3:46 PM, Vassil Dichev <vdichev@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...* Regarding the development process: scrum is great, but might not
> work so well when the group is distributed around the world time
> zones, and it only scales insofar as the ability to split work to
> small teams. Any ideas on a process we could use and preferred method
> of communication to consolidate changes- besides ESME itself, of
> course ;-) ?...

Just a note with my mentor hat on: everything is supposed to happen on
the mailing lists in an Apache project, so that people can follow and
influence decisions, whatever their time zone and physical locations,
without having to follow "outside" channels.

Most ASF folks use other channels like IRC, twitter, phone, coffee
machine chat etc., of course..the important point IMHO is that any
"important" discussion must be summarized on the dev list, and all
decisions must happen here.

-Bertrand