esme-dev mailing list archives

From "David Pollak" <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ESME-dev] Re: The ESME to-do list
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2008 18:54:50 GMT
On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 10:43 AM, Dennis Howlett <dahowlett@gmail.com>wrote:

> @david: this is great stuff and I'm glad you've taken the effort to
> put this together.
>
> As you know, I have been fielding a few market calls from large
> organizations so from that perspective I'm wondering whether we can
> talk timestamped road maps

The only way we can commit to features at a particular time is if there's
revenue associated with the feature.  Right now, Siemens is the only
enterprise supporting ESME development.  Much of what we're doing is for
them.  The rest is vision and what's necessary to build something that will
likely appeal to a broad set of enterprise customers.

> and whether I can get more meat on what
> each of these things mean for those wanting to use ESME.

Once we get the list and owners, I'll start asking folks to put together a
strategy document for their sub-project.  Once those are coordinated, I
think we'll have a pretty good set of stuff to help others understand our
collective vision and direction for ESME.

Thanks,

David