esme-dev mailing list archives

From "Vassil Dichev" <vdic...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The ESME to-do list
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2008 20:45:16 GMT
Hello all,

> ESME is very exciting.  Barely 6 months ago, it was a twinkle in the eye of
> a few energetic people and now it's a project that's known to tens of
> thousands, it's being incubated by the Apache foundation, and it's in active
> use at a number of global 100 companies.  Wow!
>
> I believe that the ESME we see today is a mere glimpse of what ESME will
> become over the next 5 years.  I believe that mixing the current foundation
> and energy of the ESME community with a bunch of team-work, vision, and hard
> work, we can make ESME the definitive micro-communications platform, bar
> none.

After such a motivating mail, I'd like to take the opportunity to
thank you all for making ESME a reality and trusting me to be a part
of it. I think I'm the only one who hasn't seen anyone of the team in
person, and I owe this in a significant part to micro-messaging. I
believe in ESME as born out of the desire to take the best from
micro-messaging and I believe in this team, because I watched it grow
with the unbiased eye of an outsider. ESME has had its ups and downs,
but I also share David's opinion that we're at the start of something
big.

I'd mostly like to take part of internal message routing- that's what
also one of the motivators to get serious about contributing to ESME.
I've also done some research and steps on ESME REST API and
compatibility with Twitter. If noone objects, I'd like to take
responsibility for these for now.

Since there are more tasks than committers right now, I'm also
interested in Internal APIs and plugin mechanism and maybe information
pools and access control, if time permits.

All the best,
Vassil