esme-dev mailing list archives

From "Hirsch, Richard" <richard.hir...@siemens.com>
Subject [POLL] UI Choice
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2008 16:48:43 GMT
We just had a quick discussion about the ESME UI on a scrum and I wanted to ask the group's
opinion on some next steps.

After the code changes that David made to separate UI and server code, the next version of
the UI that Mrinal and others had built no longer works. We now have a choice to either 1)
use this code base as a foundation for a new UI that works with the server code at apache
or 2) create a new UI based on bill's design. We must also consider the time and resources
involved. If we choose 1), we will have a working UI based on the new apache code in a relatively
short period of time but one that really doesn't match bill's direction. If we choose 2),
we will have to finish bill's design first before Mrinal and others can start working on the
new UI - which means more time to get a new UI up and running.

Comments / suggestions?

D.