esme-dev mailing list archives

From "Hirsch, Richard" <richard.hir...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: ESME Website for Apache
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2008 08:50:02 GMT
Hi Bertrand,

Thanks for the tips. I'll finish the first cut of the site and create an Jira issue with the
source as an attachment.

Dick

________________________________

From: bdelacretaz@gmail.com on behalf of Bertrand Delacretaz
Sent: Thu 12/11/2008 09:43
To: esme-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: ESME Website for Apache

Hi Dick,

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 9:28 AM, Hirsch, Richard
<richard.hirsch@siemens.com> wrote:
> Obviously as I am not yet a committer, I don't have direct access to the ESME svn....

Everyone has read access to the Apache ESME svn under
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/esme/trunk - you cannot
write there but you can read, and prepare patches in your local
sandbox using "svn add" and "svn diff".

>.. Since I don't think there is currently a committer from ESME team, can someone else
> add the Forrest code to the svn...

That's the idea, and it's best to attach code to a JIRA issue, as that
allows you to tick the "grant Apache persmission to use that code"
box.

> ...Should the patch just be the Forrest files in a Zip file?...

That would work, as the current tree for the website is empty.

> ...Does sling publish the files automatically?...

Not sure what you mean - if you were to create a website with Sling
you'd need to run your own crawler to convert the result to static
files. Forrest does that automatically, and the website source is
files as well, so it's a good tool for such things

-Bertrand