empire-user mailing list archives

From Rainer Döbele <doeb...@esteam.de>
Subject re: EmpireDB and EJB
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2016 07:45:27 GMT
Hi Daniel,

that sounds very compelling and I would love to know more.
However your questions are hard to answer without some code.

for which you may subscribe.
Then I recommend to create a ticket in JIRA (see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/EMPIREDB)

Next we would need a minimal example project that we can compile and run in order to see what
is required.
On this we are able to develop together. We very much appreciate your code donation.

Best regards,
Rainer

> from: Daniel Weidele [mailto:daniel.weidele@gmail.com]
> to: user@empire-db.apache.org
> subject: EmpireDB and EJB
>
> Dear fellows,
> I have almost successfully integrated EmpireDb into JavaEE transaction management. I
created a separate class DBManager which gets injected with a connection from the JavaEE >
connection pool, and instantiates and holds a DBDatabase. The DBManager itself is an EJB,
which can then be retrieved with the @EJB annotation. I would like to get rid of the DBManager
and make my subclass of DBDatabase the EJB holding the connection itself - however, I cannot
achieve this, as all the methods of DBDatabase are declared as final - this is not compliant
to EJB.
> Another issue is this "registry" mechanism of DBDatabase - this registry is exactly what
servlet container takes care of - with precise scopes rather than some static cache which
I cannot really configure - so I would like to get rid of this (or rather have it optional
in the constructor), and let the servlet container take care of the DBDatabase pooling.
> Does anyone have experiences with EmpireDb & EJB - or maybe someone achieved to make
this work nicely together already, and could advise?