empire-user mailing list archives

From ivan nemeth <ivan.nem...@forumdigital.net>
Subject Re: Decimal Datatype with scale 10
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2014 10:36:51 GMT
Hi Rainer,

thanks for the info.

We're developing financial applications for fund management companies and
prices are stored with scale 10 in our databases, and so our code is based
on this.  It will be a lot of work to change it in our code, so if it will
be fixed it's a good news for me. (Until then I subclassed DBTableColumn
which overrides the validateNumber method, which caused the main problem.)

Other question regarding DECIMAL types.Why does the the
DBRowSetData.getDecimal() method  return BigDecimal.ZERO (and not null like
in Java ResultSet) when the db value is NULL? There is a clear difference
between a null value and a ZERO value.

Thanks,
Ivan