empire-user mailing list archives

From Rainer Döbele <doeb...@esteam.de>
Subject Decimal Datatype with scale 10 or above
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2014 09:24:02 GMT
Hello everybody,

I have thought about the problem that until now it has not been possible to define decimals
which have a scale with more than 9 digits.

In order to maintain backward compatibility I have found that the easiest way would be add
simply add a new property to DBTableColumn which allows to get and set the decimal scale.

In the database definition this must then be called after the column has been added like this:

DBTableColumn SCALE;

SCALE=addColumn("SCALE", DataType.DECIMAL, 12.0, false);

SCALE.setDecimalScale(10);

This will then lead to a DDL statement as follows:

CREATE TABLE EMPLOYEES (

   …,

   SCALE DECIMAL(12,10)

This should not affect any existing code.

If you encounter any problems please let me know.

Regards

Rainer