empire-user mailing list archives

From Tim Colson <timcol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Advice for multi-DAO, nested objects, connection mgt, Spring config, for Click webapp
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2013 18:01:35 GMT
A few weeks ago, Harald commented about a different way to think about EmpireDB as "a smooth
interface to a database" more so than a framework to  "just store [objects] somewhere".

Thanks Harald for the thoughts, and apologies for my delayed reply.

I believe you and Rainer are both right about thinking about EmpireDB differently, and I've
been spending some time doing just that. That said, I still need good simple patterns to "just
store it" and "just retrieve it", and "just update it" for the dev team. Most of them of course
have experience with Hibernate/JPA so they are looking for patterns they recognize so EmpireDB
isn't so scary.

If you (or others) have any stories/code snippets to share, I'd love to read them to gain
perspective.

-Tim