empire-user mailing list archives

From Rainer Döbele <doeb...@esteam.de>
Subject re: DbRecord.update() without prior reading the record
Date Fri, 17 May 2013 12:44:49 GMT
Hi Harald,

with a DBCommand you can do anything that you would be able to do by simply typing your statement.

e.g.
DBCommand cmd = db.createCommand();
cmd.set(EMPLOYEE.FIRSTNAME.to("Fred"));
cmd.set(EMPLOYEE.FIRSTNAME.to("Bloggs"));
cmd.where(EMPLOYEE.ID.is(123));
db.executeUpdate(cmd, conn);

A DBRecord uses a DBCommand internally but provides more features to handle inserts and updates.
Normally you will have to read the record before you can perform an update.
If you want it differenty you will have to subclass DBRecord and change a few things.
(call initData() and then modifyValue() to set the PK).
But this is more complicated.

Regards
Rainer