empire-user mailing list archives

From Alain Becam <Alain.Be...@embl.de>
Subject Re: Strange problem with Date while inserting
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2013 09:34:51 GMT
Dear Francis,
     I just created the Jira entry, but I don't have much time now. I
also prepared my code to simulate the operation while logging, but it is
not ready yet and I am not sure I will have time soon to work on it.

It looks indeed like a simple toString, and the code I use is the one I
already posted:

GregorianCalendar today = new GregorianCalendar();
  Date todayDate = today.getTime();

  MiscTools.insertSearchTerm(..., todayDate, ...);

Then the insertSearchTerm is setting the todayDate in the DBRecord
without changing it. For me, it looks like the column type is unknown
when the method getValueString is called in DBDatabaseDriverOracle, so
we get the toString, even if I have no idea how that could happen. I am
just subclassing the class to be able to log that, aside of the test
suggested by Rainer in getSQLDateTimeString.

I am actually expecting to find that I am simply doing something very
very stupid :). We will see...

//Alain