empire-user mailing list archives

From Becam Alain <alain.be...@embl.de>
Subject Re: Strange problem with Date while inserting
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 22:45:41 GMT
It could be indeed, I will check tomorrow. It could also be possible to
share a part of code.

//Alain

Le 27/02/2013 19:25, Francis De Brabandere a écrit :
> I was thinking the same, you could try to reproduce this in a test by
> just generating sql. Could you share that part of code somehow so we
> can have a deeper look?
>
> Cheers,
> Francis

>> Hi Alain!
>>
>> Just a shot in the dark: might it be possible you are running into multi threading
issues? Do you have static date formatter or static members of empire classes/instances in
your code?

>> Jens
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On 27.02.2013, at 16:19, Alain Becam <Alain.Becam@embl.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>      I have an insert which is called a lot (several time per seconds, 24h/24h),
and very rarely, something like once in a week, I get an SQL error because the date is not
quoted. It is a very simple insert, and so works something like 99.9% of the time. Still I
am curious to know what happen. Here is the relevant part of the raised exception:

>>> Insert new search terms org.apache.empire.db.exceptions.QueryFailedException:
Error executing query INSERT INTO SEARCH_TERMS_LOG( SEARCH_TERMS, IS_LOCAL, AT_TIME, FROM_IP)
VALUES ( 'XXXX', 1, Thu Feb 21 10:27:45 CET 2013, '10.11.4.119').
>>> Native error is INSERT INTO SEARCH_TERMS_LOG( SEARCH_TERMS, IS_LOCAL, AT_TIME,
FROM_IP) VALUES ( 'XXXX', 1, Thu Feb 21 10:27:45 CET 2013, '10.11.4.119').
>>>     at org.apache.empire.db.DBDatabase.executeSQL(DBDatabase.java:1037)
>>>     at org.apache.empire.db.DBRowSet.updateRecord(DBRowSet.java:711)
>>>     at org.apache.empire.db.DBRecord.update(DBRecord.java:683)
>>>     at de.embl.common.core.logging.DBRecordLoggingWrapper.update(DBRecordLoggingWrapper.java:89)
>>> Caused by: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00917: missing comma
>>>
>>>     at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:440)
>>>     at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:396)
>>>     at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.processError(T4C8Oall.java:837)
>>>     at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.receive(T4CTTIfun.java:445)
>>>     at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.doRPC(T4CTTIfun.java:191)
>>>     at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.doOALL(T4C8Oall.java:523)
>>>     at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CStatement.doOall8(T4CStatement.java:193)
>>>     at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CStatement.executeForRows(T4CStatement.java:999)
>>>     at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:1315)
>>>     at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeUpdateInternal(OracleStatement.java:1822)
>>>     at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeUpdate(OracleStatement.java:1787)
>>>     at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatementWrapper.executeUpdate(OracleStatementWrapper.java:280)
>>>     at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.NewProxyStatement.executeUpdate(NewProxyStatement.java:64)
>>>     at org.apache.empire.db.DBDatabaseDriver.executeSQL(DBDatabaseDriver.java:535)
>>>     at org.apache.empire.db.DBDatabase.executeSQL(DBDatabase.java:1025)
>>>     ... 26 common frames omitted
>>>
>>> The DBRecordLoggingWrapper is simply saving udpate/insert informations if needed,
and in that case it is doing nothing, just calling back the DBRecord methods. Still it could
do something wrong, I simply don't see what.