empire-user mailing list archives

Subject Re: Drop tables
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 12:17:04 GMT
Hi Eike, hi Francis!

A) sorry, I did not mention clearly I use Empire in a spring env based on the sample.

B) I am not dropping tables (this works, but misses to drop sequences, indexes and other constraints),
I am dropping a Database. See DBDDLGenerator:218. In case the HSQL DDL generator executes
"DROP SCHEMA PUBLIC CASCADE" this might be a workaround. Or maybe the schema name is set to
"PUBLIC" on creation time (did not try this honestly)

C) code: driver.getDDLScript(DBCmdType.DROP, db, script); // db is a DBDatabase

D) I will download the latest 2.4 and retest.

Jens

Sent from my iPhone

On 09.08.2012, at 12:43, Eike Kettner <news@eknet.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking into this today and a few questions popped up :)
>
> At first, I thought it got forgotten to set the schema name into the
> driver in the EmpireDriverFactory class (as most drivers support this).
> But I found out that the HSql-driver does not. Unfortunately I don't
> have any knowledge about HSQL, so I cannot comment this any further. Is
> it correct for HSQL that its driver is not using a schema name?
>
> I then added DROP TABLE code to the spring example project and started
> it using HSQL driver. It worked nicely (using the same lines of code
> Francis showed in his last mail from the DBDatabaseDriverHSqlTest).
>
> @Jens, as Francis already asked, could you provide any stack-trace
> and/or a bit of code that shows this behaviour?
>
> Best regards
> Eike
>
> On [Wed, 08.08.2012 22:36], Francis De Brabandere wrote:
>> Hi Jens,
>>
>> Would you mind creating an issue for this on
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/EMPIREDB - so we make sure this
>> is fixed and tracked in the release notes?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Francis

>>> HI Eike!
>>>
>>> I buy this! I started with this sample and in the meantime figured out we can
use "DROP SCHEMA PUBLIC CASCADE" in the driver in case it is HSQL and dropping a database
is needed.

>>> A fix will be nice. But I can also try to write my own driver factory class...
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

but not used at all in case of HSQL (see :65 in the factory). This at least explains the IllegalArgumentEx.
Any ideas?