empire-dev mailing list archives

From Francis De Brabandere <franci...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: start tackling EMPIREDB-99
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2011 10:37:41 GMT
Hi Rainer,

I suggest you kill the branch and make a new one where you make the
changes, I think you are the best person to do this change. I've tried
a few times but kinda got stuck.

Once the core module is updated I'm willing to help with the other modules.

Cheers,
Francis

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 12:31 PM, Rainer Döbele <doebele@esteam.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> during the last couple of months I had little spare time due to our 10 years company
anniversary that we celebrated last week.

> But now I really intend to tackle EMPIREDB-99 during the next few weeks, which is the
removal of the old-style error handling.
> I will start with the core, but once this is done I probably need some help for the other
modules.

> Basically I intend to remove all legacy code that is not necessary for the current exception
handling mode (ErrorObject.setExceptionsEnabled(true)).
> Hence this choice will go.
> Consequently almost all method signatures with boolean return values will be changed
to "void" and it will not be possible to call hasError, gerErrorInfo, getErrorMessage, ...
on any Object.

> There is a branch set up for this in SVN (thanks Francis).
> @Francis: do you think it would make sense to update that branch before I go ahead?
>
> Since this will be our biggest API change since incubation I am asking everyone if there
are further requirements and suggestions for improvement.

--
http://www.somatik.be