empire-dev mailing list archives

From "Christian Albrecht" <chris-albre...@web.de>
Subject XPath-Persistence
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2011 12:38:11 GMT
Hi,

I used empire-db for several projects now and I think it's a great tool. For a recent project
however, I had to talk to an XML-database. I was wondering if I could take the principles
and ideas of empire-db and adapt them for that purpose. One could use a dtd or xml-schema
instance to create the database class and write the queries with XPath or XQuery (which would
probably be a Goliath project, since it's quite complex). However XPath is a W3C-recommendation
with a fixed simple grammar, so it should be quite simple to map this grammar to the Java
object model and with this beeing able to create string free XPath expressions. Metadata about
elements and attributes can also be represented in a similar fashion as empire-db already
does it.
Let me know your opinions!

Christian