empire-dev mailing list archives

From Francis De Brabandere <franci...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Empire-db 2.0.6-incubating (rc1)
Date Sat, 10 Apr 2010 10:08:13 GMT
On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 12:07 AM, Rainer Döbele <doebele@esteam.de> wrote:
> I have downloaded the distribution files and build and imported all projects in Eclipse
and then I ran the samples.

> Everything worked as excpected and I did not find any problems.
> RAT report also looks good.
>
> One thing I want to mention though:
> Afterwards I tried running mvn assembly:assembly from the source but that failed with
an error saying: No assembly descriptors found.
> Now I rembember that we had this discussion before whether or not is should be possible
to build the distribution files again from the distribution.
> I don't really see this as a requirement, and possibly I just failed to get it right.
I just want to mention it here.

The distribtion build is now a module, but that module is only built
when running the apache-release profile. So you can actually build the
distribution from the sources. Remark: make sure your JAVA_HOME is set
to java 5.x or this will fail because I enforce java 5 for that
profile

mvn clean install -Papache-release
the distribution should then be available in the empire-db-dist/target folder

Comments on this are welcome. Should I add this to one of the notice files?

http://www.somatik.be