empire-dev mailing list archives

From Francis De Brabandere <franci...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: questions regarding rc3 and building the assembly
Date Sun, 25 Apr 2010 08:28:23 GMT
On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 11:30 PM, Rainer Döbele <doebele@esteam.de> wrote:
> Hi Francis
>
> again, I have a couple of questions / problems and I am probably just to stupid again
to get it right.

> First when I get the latest sources and I try to build the assembly using "mvn clean
install -Papache-release" I get the following:
> [WARNING] Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive invocation.
> [INFO] [enforcer:enforce {execution: enforce-versions}]
> [INFO] [source:jar {execution: attach-sources}]
> [INFO] [javadoc:jar {execution: attach-javadocs}]
> [INFO] Not executing Javadoc as the project is not a Java classpath-capable pack
> age
> [INFO] [gpg:sign {execution: default}]
> GPG Passphrase: *
>
> Do you know what GPG Passphrase it is asking for?

This is for signing the release, but I don't think you need the
apache-release profile for building the distribution. There's a link
on the the 'release process' wiki page that shows you how to set this
up.

> Also you say that we should add the stating repository to our Maven settings. I know
I could possibly Google that, but can you tell me how to add the staging repository to my
settings.xml (In know where the file is, I just need to know what exactly to add).

> Finally I noticed, that in our previous release we had the apidocs in the root folder.
> In rc3 they are not supplied any more.
> Is it your intention not to supply the apidocs this way?

This is unintentional, I'll have a look at it.

http://www.somatik.be