empire-dev mailing list archives

From Francis De Brabandere <franci...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Things todo before next release
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 08:44:26 GMT
Hi Rainer et all,

About the codegen maven plugin. In fact what this plugin does is
generate the code during the maven build. This is also how for example
the jaxb plugin works. So the generated code is in fact not stored in
subversion but regenerated on each build. You of course have the
option to generated it once in the src/main/java, commit it and not
use the maven plugin afterwards.

There is an example that shows how to use the plugin. The example has
a hsqldb database provided which it will generate code for. That code
is then added to the maven source paths so on the compile step the
generated code and the code in the project using it are compiled
together. After that a test is run to see if the generated code is
valid and works as expected.

Importing the project in eclipse should work either using the
m2eclipse plugin (of which 0.10.0 which is quite stable was released
recently) or the maven eclipse:eclipse. I did see some issues with
m2eclipse from time to time but have not found the cause yet.

Configuration is done directly in the plugin declaration, if you want
more control you can point to a config file that contains the advanced
codegen configuration.

I would say have a look at the example app and let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Francis

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 11:02 PM, Rainer Döbele <doebele@esteam.de> wrote:
> Hi Francis,
>

> I think things looks really good for a new release.
>
> I would like to have another look at the issues EMPIREDB-67 and EMPIREDB-71. They look
easy to fix.

> With EMPIREDB-62 I still don't have a good idea that would work for all databases alike.
>

> But I must admit that I have lost a little bit touch with the code generator.
>
> This is probably a stupid question but can you briefly explain to me how the code generator
maven plugin works (do we have a documentation?).

--
http://www.somatik.be