empire-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Döbele <doeb...@esteam.de>
Subject re: view generation support in codegen
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2010 17:08:10 GMT
Hi Benni,

great to hear from you.

I don't think it is necessary to retrieve the command for a view.
Implementing the createCommand on a view class in only necessary for creating a database.
And we want to go the other way.

Besides the createCommand requires a DBCommand object and hence you would need a SQL parser
that turns a SQL statement into a command object. While this would be possible for simple
statements, making it work for all kind of statements could be a too hard nut to crack.

Regards,
Rainer