empire-dev mailing list archives

From Martijn Dashorst <martijn.dasho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Empire-db version 2.0.5-incubating
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 10:21:14 GMT
It is not a specific approval of Mentors, but rather a first step to
get the release out much quicker. As Mentors we are Incubator PMC
members, and as such our votes are legally binding. While you could
send the release vote directly to general@, the first reaction would
be: where's the community vote? The second would be: where are your
Mentor votes...

So having the mentor votes in your pocket is much more helpful than
not having them and needing to convince the Incubator PMC to approve
the release :)

Martijn

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 11:44 AM, Rainer Döbele<doebele@esteam.de> wrote:
> Hi Francis,
>
> I just want to thank you all you effort so far.
> I knew that we have to present the release to the incubator PMC for approval, but I did
not remember that our internal vote had to be approved by the mentors. Sorry.

> I am on holiday with my family at the moment and I only have limited internet access.
> But if there is anything I can do, please let me know.
>
> Regards
> Rainer
>
> Francis De Brabandere wrote:
>> Re: [VOTE] Release Empire-db version 2.0.5-incubating
>>
>> Ok this evening I will send to private and general.
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 10:41 AM, Martijn
>> Dashorst<martijn.dashorst@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Because more eyes is better. The incubator PMC has delegated direct
>> > oversight to the Mentors, but doesn't relinquish the oversight. The 3
>> > +1 votes from your mentors are the minimum required votes. However, 5
>> > -1 votes from IPMC members will negate our 3 +1 votes. And there are
>> > many reasons why we mentors might +1 a release, but someone else will
>> > -1 it.
>> >
>> > I usually look at the rat reports to see if there are no license
>> > issues, and if due process was followed. But others will check for a
>> > tag in svn, proper directory layout, unnecessary files in releases,
>> > etc. There's a whole spectrum to look at, and while we do our best,
>> we
>> > can't catch everything.
>> >
>> > Martijn
>> >

>> --
>> http://www.somatik.be

Apache Wicket 1.4 increases type safety for web applications
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.4.0