empire-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Döbele <doeb...@esteam.de>
Subject re: ready for release?
Date Sun, 21 Jun 2009 09:49:29 GMT

OK I did not know exactly what the jetty plugin was used for.
But when you use "mvn jetty:run" are you able to debug it in Eclipse?

I know most people use the WTP but personally I prefer the Sysdeo Eclipse Tomcat Launcher
plugin (http://www.eclipsetotale.com/tomcatPlugin.html) to debug Web-Applications. The sysdeo
plugin only supports Tomcat but that's fine for me. I found that there is a Maven plugin available
on http://mojo.codehaus.org/sysdeo-tomcat-maven-plugin/
I will experiment with it a bit and possibly add it to the corresponding poms.

I will also try to figure out how to properly set it up for WTP.
I am also still hoping for Jörg to have a closer look at the release candidate.

But before this goes on forever we should really set a deadline for completing the process.
So I suggest Sunday in a week (28.6.) midnight as the deadline for all changes and improvements
of the pending release, so that we can start voting on the release from Monday 29th.
Should we encounter any severe problems we can still extend the deadline.

Rainer