empire-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Döbele <doeb...@esteam.de>
Subject Review of release assembly
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2009 20:35:32 GMT
Hi Francis,

again I ran out of time and only had the chance to take a quick look at the empire-db-2.0.5-SNAPSHOT.
These are my first findings:

1. The name of the archive must be "apache-empire-db-2.0.5-incubating.zip" (or .tar.gz respectively)

2. The root directory must contain the README.TXT with the Apache disclaimer, the LICENSE.TXT
containing the Apache License and the NOTICE.TXT. If we decide to provide the hsqldb.jar we
would also need to supply the LICENSE-HSQLDB.txt. Without those files supplied in the root
directory we will not be able to get the approval of the community. I would appreciate to
also have the tutorial.pdf there. Don't know where to supply the changelog (expecially if
we distribute core and struts2-ext together)

3. I was surprised to find that the size of the archive was 19,3 MB. The reason was soon discovered:
The file empire-db-example-struts2-cxf-2.0.5-SNAPSHOT.war in the lib directory has 13,2 MB
on its own. I don't think it makes sense to include the compiled examples. I would prefer
only to provide the empire-db-2.0.5.jar and the empire-db-struts2-2.0.5.jar (without the "SNAPSHOT").

4. I was unable to find the javadoc. Is Javadoc generation missing in the maven build?

5. Due to the missing dependencies and project files it is virtually impossible for someone
who is not familiar with Maven to run any of the sample applications. Shouldn't we give a
clue how to best set things up with Maven and maybe even how to live without?

Question: Can you fix issues 1 - 4 easily?

Thanks and best regards

Rainer